Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Gumball Necklaces

Ella and I decided that for Valentines day we wanted to give the girls in her class necklaces made from gumballs.  I love this idea, and first saw on One Charming Party.  They were pretty easy to make and I think turned out oh so cute.  I hope the girls in her class liked them.  I think these would also be fun in other colors for birthday parties.  



The original tutorial suggested using a metal skewer to punch the holes in the gumballs.  Well....that was taking a little too long so we broke out the power tools.  Using a power drill made it super easy and really fast.  I highly recommend doing this if you make these.  



Next I threaded ribbon on a large needle.


 Then because the holes were already drilled it was really easy to thread the ribbon through. I used a couple of different kinds of ribbon.  Depending on the width and kind of ribbon it made big difference of how easily it threaded. 


I used about 7 gumballs for each necklace, but they could look cute with alot more too.   I tied knots in between stringing on each gumball and then tied a bow in the ribbon at the end.  Here is the finished product on some of Ella's friends at school.  The girls looked so cute in them, and I hope their moms didn't kill me for giving them gum!  


1 comment:

  1. SO CUTE! Does the candy coating come off on their clothes? Just wondering. It would be such a cute idea for Gabby to do next year!

    ReplyDelete