Monday, February 7, 2011

1st Time Sledding

I have the best memories of playing in the snow as a kid, and I want my kids to have the same experiences.  Each winter I have wanted to take Ella sledding, and for four years it has never worked out.  I am so glad to say this year we made it.  We had the perfect day on Saturday.  The sun was out, so it really wasn't even cold.  Ella and Braden loved it, and Beckett was kind enough to take a cat nap nearby in his car seat so all of us could sled.  Perfection.  I know this kind of day is rare when it come to kids, multiple layers, and snow, so I savored every minute!   I don't know at times if I am really fulfilling fun moments for my kids, or living our my desires for fun.  I guess it is a mixture of both, so it works.  

Our friends the Rapps were kind enough to lend up this snow suit for Braden.  I thought it was so cute that He and Collin matched.  Thanks Bronwyn!


My dear friend Katie and Kara joined us.  These girls bless me so much by how they love me and my kids!


Even Beckett had his first time to sled.  

We got to build Frosty!  The snow was perfect we just forgot something to make his button nose and two eyes made out of coal.   

2 comments:

  1. So cute! So fun! The snowman picture with Ella is my favorite! I knew the snow would eventually get you blogging! :) Have a good draft day! Love you! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh - i miss you guys bad!! xoxo, nay nay

    ReplyDelete