Sunday, February 6, 2011

1st Time to Ice Skate

While we were in St. Louis for Christmas we took Ella and Braden ice skating for the first time. My Dad, Mom, Nicholas, Aunt Gerry and Uncle Cloud all came.  It was such a fun memory to have every one there with us, and to have my brother (who is a great Hockey player) teaching my kids to skate.  Thank goodness we had so many adults because we needed every pair of hands!  I learned my lesson that when you are teaching children to ice skate you for sure need an adult on each side.  Ella and Braden actually learned and improved quickly, but they were still like a wet noodle most of the time.  Therefore a person on each side helped a lot.  My Dad and Nicholas were great to take one kiddo while I skated with the other, only with the the help of my Aunt or Mom who walked along the outside of the rink and held the other hand.  It was really cold, but really fun!  We can't wait to go again!







No comments:

Post a Comment