Friday, February 25, 2011



6 Months Later.......


My mom was sweet to get these outfits for the kids when Beckett was born.  I was so sad when Beckett outgrew his onesie he wore in the hospital, but luckily she also bought the same one in a 6 month size.  Beckett has changed so much in such a short time.  It is amazing to me as a mom, that you see your child every day but don't notice how they change until you look back at pictures.  I love all of my kids so much and feel so blessed by them.  I thank God for them and am amazed that He entrusted these three precious souls to me to raise.  These days can be so long and weary, yet at the same time I told Collin the other day that I know we are in our "Glory Days".  We are still young (kind of), and healthy (what a huge praise!).  These days are very precious with our little ones.  I am trying so hard to really soak all of this in and love this time because it is already flying by.  I feel like I would freeze time if I could.  I never want to forget what it is like to feel Beckett snuggle his head on my shoulder when he is sleepy after nursing, or Braden and Ella run to the door when I come home, or seeing them sneak into our room early in the morning, or hear their little voices say "momma".  This list could go on and on but I am tearing up...so enough for now.

 I have a very wise friend (and faithful reader to my blog, thanks Jamie Jo!) who gave me great advice on kids growing up.   One day we were in her car and she had pictures of her kids as babies with her.  While looking at them I ask her if she missed having her kids that little.  She quickly responded, "No.....I love every stage with them".  That has struck me ever since then.  Lord help me to love and soak in every moment, smile, laugh, hug, tantrum, and even the fights.  I thank you and praise you for allowing me to do this wonderful and exhausting job of being a mom!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww...thanks! I can't believe how much he has changed either. . .crazy!!! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder, Rachel!!! Love reading about you and your family. Miss you, friend!

    ReplyDelete