Saturday, October 23, 2010

Great Friends

Recently, we had the biggest blessing of getting to spend two weeks with some of our best friends that are really like family.  First we got to spend a week in Georgia at the Galloway's house. Then Katie, Rylie, and Jennifer came back to Branson with us for another week.   I can't even begin to put into words how great it was to get to spend that much time with them!   I treasure my friendship with Katie so much.  She makes me want to walk closer with the Lord as I see how strongly she clings to Him.  She is an incredible friend and mother.   Ella also had the time her life getting to play with Rylie.  I am praying that the Lord will keep their friendship strong for all of their lives!   


Tuck in time with the girls.  It was so fun to see them read books together and say prayers at night.  Katie how are you always so photogenic!

Playing on the tire swing after taking a Jeep ride over to Laura's house. 

The Galloways throw a great party.  We had a bonfire one night complete with great fellowship, smores and incredible food!

Uncle Cam came to the bonfire and met Beckett for the first time!

Ella and Braden were so excited to see Uncle Cam.  Don't worry we don't let Braden play with fire.

This is Ella and Rylie right after the looked for eggs in the Chicken coop.  How incredible to have farm fresh eggs each morning. 

One of the highlights of our week was getting to go for a ride on Cody the pony.   Jennifer was so sweet to get him out and the kids loved it.  Ella felt like a real cowgirl and her love for horses increased even more.  

Rylie is practically a real cowgirl!

Ok, this picture is a huge triumph for Braden.  When we first got to the house Braden was scared to death of their dog Tropper, and even more scared of the horses.  I think it may have had something to do with the pig that bit him (see earlier blog post).   Then when the pony came out and he realized he could ride it, Braden didn't hesitate for a moment to get on.   He loved it!  He went from not even wanting to get close to a horse to petting it and going for multiple rides.

This is Laura's son Grayson.  Laura is an accomplished rider and Grayson is following right along in her footsteps.  

This jeep can't go through the woods like Rylie's jeep at home, but the girls can drive this one themselves.  I think I will save this picture and send it to them when they are 16.  

Rylie and Ella had a sleep over one night at our house and we had to build a tent they could sleep in.  Because we were building the tent, they went to bed kind of late and were so tired the next day, but I hope it was a great memory.  There is something kind of magical about a few sheets draped overhead.  This tent is dedicated to my Aunt Kathy who built the greatest tents for me and my cousins when I was little.  I still have such fun memories of great tents and fresh baked chocolate chip cookies.  Thanks Aunt Kathy!

Callie, Dru, Melissa, Hadley, Holland, Cat, Mylee, Katie, Rylie, Jennifer, Ella and myself all got to have a girls tea party together. 

We went to Silver Dollar City (which Ella calls Silly Dollar City) our last day together.  It was a beautiful day and we had so much fun with Rylie, Holland Houston, the Gregstons and Martha.

Rylie in the one room school house. 

Ella went on her first Roller Coaster ride!   She was just barley tall enough.  She liked it the first time when she went with her dad and wanted to go again.  Then mom went with her and we rode backwards.  That might have been a bad idea.  After that ride she said she was done with roller coasters...we'll see.  



We packed a lot in to two weeks, and I only wish we had even more time together.  We are praying the Lord will bring us together again soon!

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Great post! Everyone looks so happy to be together! I love you, Rach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel-I can't even tell you how much this warms my heart. I too, will pray for lasting friendships for all of you. I treasure both of you women in my life. :) Love you. Jennifer Jenness

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so great to see you all and catch up! I wanted to let you know that the jewelry I was telling you about is by Eng Lady (http://www.etsy.com/shop/englady).

    ReplyDelete