Thursday, October 21, 2010

8 Weeks Old

Beckett is 8 weeks old today!  2 Months still seems so like so little time, and yet it also feels like he has always been a part of our family.  Here are some of my favorite things about this sweet little guy.
1.  Watching him fall asleep in my arms.
2.  His smiles! 
3.  His crazy hair!  Do you cut a newborn's hair?  Even just a trim?  Send me your thoughts.
4.  He is not the greatest sleeper at night, so to get him to sleep it often means having him fall asleep on my chest.   It keeps me from sleeping well, but it is so sweet to feel him burrow his head and snuggle in to me. 
5.  He loves looking in the mirror.  One of the places I change him has a mirror behind it and he could lay there all day.  
6.  He is just starting to recognize faces.  It is so fun to feel like he knows his momma and smiles at me when he sees me.  There is nothing better. 
7.  His blue eyes.  He has blue eyes now, but I am not sure he is going to keep them because they are pretty dark.  Braden has blue eyes just like his daddy, so I would love for Beckett to have them too.  Blue eyes or not, he will be perfect.
8.  He is patient.  I feel like Beckett is so sweet, slow to cry, easily settled down, and patient with me as I have to make him wait sometimes when I am tending to the other kiddos.
9.  Having him here has made Ella and Braden sweeter.  Both kids have tried to be so helpful when he is crying.  It cracks me up because they mimic what they have seen me do.  It is pretty cute to see Braden next to Beckett saying, "shhh, shhh, shhh, baby it ok, it ok".  They talk to him, sing to him, and love to try to snuggle with him (try being the key word, Braden lays his head on him and doesn't quite get how much bigger he is).  I think Braden would try to wrestle with him, if turned my back.
10.  He reminds me how blessed I am.  Thank you Lord for my family! 



1 comment: