Wednesday, October 13, 2010

First smiles and sweet prayers!

Beckett is 6 weeks old and is smiling!  He has always kind of smiled since he was born when he is half awake and half asleep, but now he is really looking at you and smiling because he sees you.  It is the cutest thing ever.  His first and second smile were to my good friend Katie and her mom Jennifer.  I technically got his 3rd smile.
He has still been such a sweet baby.  One of the things that I have prayed for is that he will be joyful, so it is so fun to see the first signs of this.   It is hard to make him smile and take a photo so sorry these are not the greatest pictures.  








Tonight when we put Ella to bed she had the sweetest prayer.   Here is a condensed version of her prayer.  "Thank you for Mommy, Daddy, Braden and Beckett.  Help Beckett to not cry.  Thank you God for Jesus, and dying on the cross, so that we didn't have to.  I love you God, I love you God, I love you God, and God I wish that I could hear you. Thank you for our food.  Help me to have sweet dreams. Amen"

Sweet Ella, she always makes me smile.   It is prayers like this that remind me why God tell us to have child like faith.  So simple but so amazing.  Jesus thank you for dying for us and may we hear you!  I pray the Lord would continue to pull her heart to His.  


1 comment:

  1. such a precious little girl and such a precious little prayer. thanks for sharing it! love you guys.

    ReplyDelete