Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What a Great Day!

Today was my birthday and it was an incredible day! From beginning to end I felt so loved and special. All my life I have been spoiled by my parents who always made birthdays a big deal. Growing up my mom always had the house decorated with signs when we woke up and we got to pick out our 3 favorite meals. She always went out of her way to make the day special, which totally ruined me (in a good way) to want to always feel like my birthday is completely a day all about me.
Well, my sweet husband has done such an incredible job to do just that! My day started with getting to have donuts with some great friends. I loved having the chance to talk with the girls while all the kids ran around. And it is hard to beat 20 mini Krispy Creme donuts for just $6.99!


Then I got to run off to a massage appointment that Collin made for me, while my giving friends watched my kids! I was so pampered, it was incredible! I literally felt like I got to step out of the world for 50 minutes. Although I never realized how fast 50 mins can go by. At the end of my massage I could tell the masseuse was wrapping up, and found myself starting to think of anything I could possibly say to make her keep going.
A massage was more than enough but then, Collin took time out of his crazy day to take me to lunch. So fun, yummy, and always wonderful to complete a sentence with my husband without being interrupted.

Then to top off a great day, Collin invited all of our friends over for burgers. I loved that so many of us were able to get together. We had like 30 adults and 14 kids. It was crazy but so great. Tonight was a great example of perfect chaos and I loved it. The pictures below can illustrate. My house isn't that big, I don't really have seating for over 4, most of the time two or more kids were ringing bells or playing the harmonica. There were spills, tears, laughter, and I really wouldn't of changed a thing. It was so fun to fellowship and be with the people I care so much about. Hence....perfect chaos.



Thank you Collin for going out of your way to make me feel so special, even when I know life is crazy for you. I am so thankful for you and the incredible man you are! Thank you to my great friends that helped watch my kids today, pampered me, and made me feel so loved. Thank you to everyone that wished me a Happy Birthday, it means so much to me! I am blessed by each of you!

I always hate when my birthday is over....but it was an incredible day!




2 comments:

  1. Rachel!!! I love it!!! Looks like you had an amazing day yesterday!

    Well, now I am adding you to my webpage of great reads!

    love you,
    Stevie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Collin did great. . .so thoughtful to have babysitters all day and then friends at night. I must admit, the massage made me a tad jealous, but then to see the pictures of your house full of friends made me cry. I don't think I have realized (or let myself realize) how much I miss my good friends from home until right now. I would love to have a house full of friends but it has just been so empty this year. . .so empty and so lonely. I miss you. (Now I'm going to go curl up in bed and finish crying.)

    ReplyDelete