Friday, April 30, 2010

Everyday Wonderful

I feel like as a mom some of the main things I want to remember are the every day common things that are so precious. It is the sweet little comments, times of laughter, even begging my kids to finish there dinner, that I know someday I will miss. Ok, maybe not spending an hour to try get my kids to just take a couple of more bites. Overall, it is the small things that my kids do that bring me so much joy. As I write this Braden is running laps around the island in the kitchen. When he passes me he comes and gives me a hug, then runs off for another lap. So precious! Here a couple of the things that seem to happen every night in our house that I just love!
Snuggle time with Dad as he watches the news. One of Collin's favorite things is to get to watch the evening news every night. Many times he is gracious to DVR it and watch it late at night once kids are in bed because it can be too crazy at 5:30. But I love when he does watch it early and each of the kids will snuggle with him and watch Diane Sawyer!


After dinner each night somehow both kids end up tackling Dad in what ensues as a long wrestling match. The laughter is incredible and Collin usually ends up out of breath from chasing kids around the room. So fun!

Another fun moment was yesterday at dinner, Ella looked at us and said "Mom I don't like my nose." Confused about where on earth she would ever get the idea that she didn't like her nose, I asked her questions to figure out what she was really talking about. She continued to say she didn't like the way her nose looked on her face and that she wanted to change it. Immediatly I started thinking, Oh no my 3 year old already is facing issues with being self conscience. I start to tell her how she is perfectly made, beautiful in every way.......when she responds, "Mom I think I want an elephant nose instead." She then explains how great it would be to have a long trunk that can squirt water. I just start laughing so thankful for her innocence and creative imagination!


No comments:

Post a Comment