Friday, July 23, 2010

Swim Lessons

Today seemed like a monumental day in the lives of our kids.   Braden got another haircut and didn’t even shed one tear.  I think mom and dad are becoming wiser on how to make it a pleasant experience for him. 

Ella also had her first swim lesson today!  James Grimmer works here in town for K-life and during the summer has also been teaching swim lessons.  He was gracious enough to fit us into his busy schedule and I have been so excited to have Ella learn more about swimming.   She loves the water.  Just two days ago she jumped of the diving boards by herself for the first time, and she has really been practicing going under water.  She is so eager and has really improved this summer, but needed a few more techniques.

Ella, in her wonderful eagerness and full of life fashion, literally jumped right in to lessons.   She was in the water before James could even tell her to jump.   She is fearless!   I stayed at the pool and watched from a distance on top of the bleachers.  I felt like such a cheezy mom because I kept watching her and tearing up!  She did so good.  She listened, tried so hard, and even when she swallowed water, she just kept trying again and again.  The smallest successes like watching her jump in by her self and then swim back to the wall, just made me well up with pride.  I also got emotional just realizing how big she is getting.  I thought for sure at the end of the lesson she would be exhausted, but she only wanted to keep swimming.  

I feel so blessed to have her as my daughter, and today was one of those moments I don’t want to forget.   I didn’t take any photos but I will at the next lesson.

Way to go Ella!  

No comments:

Post a Comment