Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July

Collin stated last night that yesterday was maybe his most fun day at kamp in 12 years.  It was really an incredible day.    I have to say that I was a little bit sad going in to the day to not be at the lake with my family.  My family always comes in for the 4th of July and for as long as I can remember we have celebrated it by being at the dock all day.  That means I don’t think I have ever had a 4th of July in kamp.  But this year my family was in Europe for vacation.  Although, we did have family here because the Tuepkers were so gracious to invite us to spend the day with them. They are our extended family, and we have always spent the 4th of July with them too.   We did miss being at the lake with everyone, but it was a really fun day in kamp.
One funny story from the day.   Ella was trying to take a nap with Ashlyn our kidsitter and was bouncing all over the place.   Ashlyn said “Ella you are like a mexican jumping bean.”  Ella looked at Ashlyn and said, “Ash I’m an American jumping bean.”  Obviously she was taking the American pride thing very seriously! 
Here are some more highlights from the day. 
DSC_8912
Our whole family after we finished the K-Kountry parade. We got to ride on a 4-wheeler and Ella through candy.  She felt like the star of kamp once again. Braden just loved the 4 wheeler!
DSC_8942
DSC_8991
DSC_8996
This is Ashlyn who has been our great kidsitter for the last 6 weeks.
DSC_9003
Watching Dad set off Roman candles.
DSC_9052 
Ella’s first sparkler.  Braden held one too, but I was a little more nervous with him and a sparkler.

3 comments:

  1. Rachel,
    I just happened across this a few days ago on my time off...how did I not know you were doing a blog? I've loved reading it and experiencing kamp through your eyes while I haven't been there. Love you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could your family be any cuter? Nope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about missing being at the lake. We missed being with you guys! We're loving the blog and REALLY missing you guys!

    ReplyDelete