Monday, July 12, 2010

A Summer Night

We had such a fun night tonight just enjoying summer!   Our garden is doing incredible, so to start the night I got to make some fresh summer squash and zucchini for a few of our staff.  How fun to cook with things out of the garden. I had no idea how much zucchini and squash a few plants could provide!  


Today Sarah (our incredible kid sitter!) and the kids found a small baby turtle.   Ella immediately named it “Sparky”, hilarious that she picked that as its name.   Ella loved the turtle and would even touch it, which is a big improvement over last year, but Braden was terrified of it.   He loved to watch it and have other people touch it, but he did not want to get close to it.   We kept it until after dinner and then Ella decided it needed to go back to its momma.  So we all went down to the slu to release it together.   It was so cute to watch Ella and Braden wave goodbye to the turtle. 


Next we headed over to a wild blackberry bush at the bottom of the K-Kountry fields and picked blackberries.  So yummy and really summery! 

Summer Night 002 

Free Sparky!

Summer Night 003

Sarah and Sparky

Summer Night 005

One more close up look

Summer Night 004

Go Sparky, Go!

Summer Night 006

Summer Night 007

Summer Night 008

Picking Blackberries

Summer Night 009

Summer Night 010

Yes that is me and my big belly that seems to get in the way of everything, even pictures!

Summer Night 011

Braden was mostly being a boy and just hitting the bush with a stick.

Summer Night 012

Sweet Braden giving sister kisses on the golf cart ride home.

1 comment:

  1. Excuse me but WHY did I not know you had a blog? I am so excited to keep up with the Sparks family this way! And I LOVE seeing pictures of your sweet kiddos. My goodness they're so big. Ella has just gotten so pretty and tall. I miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete