Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Ella's 4th Birthday

I can hardly believe it but yesterday Ella turned 4!  Why is it that 4 sounds so much older than 3?   She seems so big to me and I can't believe how time has flown by.  This is our little girl that we prayed and prayed for.  She felt like a miracle baby after after we had some losses.  Now, she is 4, Braden is 2, and we can't wait to meet our 3rd precious baby.  Wow, God is so good! 
Ella is our tender hearted, sweet, and loving girl.  She is full of life and is often fearless.  She makes me smile daily and is such a blessing.   She is a delight and we have had 4 years full of joy with her.  God blessed Collin and I with the greatest blessing on June 29, 2006.

Ella has been planning her party for months.  Every trip to a store added another present to her list of what she wanted. Thank goodness she didn't remember everything she asked for.  It was a great excuse to explain why we couldn't buy something she wanted, I have no idea what I will say now.  

Ella had asked for a princess Ariel swim party continuously and has never wavered, so that is what we did.  Once again I feel so blessed for my kids to get to have such amazing birthdays here at camp.  Everyone goes out of their way to help and love on my kids!  Thank you to all of my wonderful help, I couldn't have done today without you, and thanks to everyone who came and made it so fun!  Katie, I love party planning with you!  Maybe there is a future business for us! ha!

 
Getting ready for the big day

Ella getting the birthday rap sung to her

  
The best daddy ever!  

The Party!   It turned out to be so magical.  It was an under the sea theme, with real fish, bubbles, sea shells, balloons, and yummy food.   It almost felt like you were under the sea when you walked in the tent. 



The loot!  Ella is so blessed!

     Mylee and Claire coloring Ariel      

Pass the treasure game.  Fun for big and little kids!

I had to give up on making the cake, too busy.  Thank you walmart!  It was so cute and tasted great!. 

This was probably my favorite part of the party.   I made mermaid towels for each of the girls to take home as a favor along with a pair of flip flops.  They looked so cute in them!  I think every girl needs one of these!
The boys got gold fish and swords to take home. 

Ella and Braden dressed for the Around the World party tonight. 

Close up of Ella's Birthday Shirt

          The last picture before bed.  So thankful for this girl! 

3 comments:

  1. Rachel! What a party you threw for precious Ella! Can you plan my 25th? Haha. You're so talented and thoughtful. You guys are in our constant prayers as I know camp is in full force and baby #3 is on the way. We miss you all so much. Give the little ones a hug from the Kimbroughs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ella and Braden both look so grown up! I love the mermaid towels. What a great idea! Again, super mom award goes to Mrs. Sparks!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, I cannot believe that you pulled off a birthday party that perfect at camp. . .I can believe it, it is YOU, but I cannot imagine doing it!

    ReplyDelete