Thursday, March 3, 2011

Poop!

This post is not for the faint hearted.  Yes, the subject matter is poop, so if that can not be tolerated by you than I will not be offended if you move on.   Don't worry today post will not include any pictures {Thank Goodness!}.

With three little ones running around the house, and one that is potty training, it seems my day has a great deal to do with this subject matter.  Braden is learning to go on his own, but seems to have some anxiety about going on the potty.  So right now we have about 20 false alarms throughout the day which consist of him running up to me frantically telling me that He needs to go poop on the potty.  We run as fast as we can into the bathroom, he sits there for a second, and then says that he doesn't have to go any more.   I never ever imagined myself sitting on a child's size stool in the bathroom holding my 2 year olds hand, making grunting faces, encouraging him to push, and waiting with great anticipation for.....well... you know what, I don't need to describe it any further.  If you could sneak a listen in our bathroom, hearing the way I have to encourage him would make you think I was cheering him on through the final drive of a tied football game as he is making the victory run all the way down the field.  "Go, Go, Go....You can do it...You can do it....Keep going.....Whooo Hooo! Way to go Braden!!!!

Luckily, Ella is very potty trained but somehow can not retain the knowledge that she needs to flush the toilet after she goes to the bathroom.   So this morning, she calls to me from the bathroom and says, "Mom, come look at my poop!"  I respond, "No Thank you Ella".  She says, "Mom, Come wipe me!" I say, "No Ella you are a big girl and can do that on your own."  Then we start all over with another round of the same comments.  So I go to the bathroom to help her, only to then leave to change a Beckett poopy diaper and return thirty minutes later to a full toilet and disgusting sight.  Oh Great!

Ok...I literally had to just leave from typing this post because Braden ran through the house screaming, I've gotta go poo poo.  (I am always a little tempted to just say, go in your diaper.  It seems so much easier at this point.)  This time it sounded like he won the superbowl.  All with no success, so we will do that again in 10 mins.  Ha!
So this is my morning, Hilarious!  Braden is yelling again.  Here we go....

{This post is lovingly dedicated to my Brother Joel}

1 comment: