Monday, January 10, 2011

Christmas Part 3: Breakfast with Santa

This will also become a yearly tradition for us!   I randomly heard about this event and had no idea what to expect, but it was incredible.  It was held at the Chateau and was more than I could have expected.   We had so much fun, and the cost was worth it just even for breakfast at the Chateau.   
They had a kid buffet, that was made just for the height of little ones to fix their plates.  Ella and Braden loved being able to get their own food.  
They also had every cereal that you could possible imagine, along with like 10 kinds of juices.  So kid friendly!  They also had a huge screen that was playing Christmas movies while you ate breakfast.

There were tables set up with wonderful "elves" that helped the kids make ornaments. 

They also had clowns that did the greatest face painting I have even seen.  

Braden was not crazy about getting his face painted (we ended up with just an ornament painted on his had), but he was so excited about the clowns that were making balloon art. 

Ella's small dog in honor of her dog Izzy at home.

Braden could not have been happier with his sword, can you tell from his face!  It kept him entertained for days. 

The line for santa was incredibly long, too long for us to wait in.  But the Chateau even had a huge table of coloring books and activities to do while you were in line for Santa.  So clever!

Every child that saw santa got gifts, and they weren't cheap gifts.  We didn't see santa but they were nice enough to still give us gifts.   Ella got a huge princess velvet poster to color and Braden got a block set.  I couldn't believe that each kid got a gift.   Actually Ella cracked me up because after she finished eating, she bee lined away from me, so fast that I lost sight of her.   I grabbed 
Braden by the hand and started off after her, but it took me a couple of minutes to spot her.  I was kind of getting frantic when I turned around and spotted Ella walking off the stage with a gift in her hand from seeing santa.  I was shocked!  Some how she managed to get herself onto the stage and sit on Santa's lap, tell him what she wanted from Christmas (roller skates and ice skates), all without waiting in the mile long line.  I'm sure there were probably some parents who were infuriated and wondering whose child is that, as she butted in front of their child.  That's my ella, fearless.  All she knew is that Santa had arrived and she was going to see him.  Hilarious! 

Santa arrived at the Breakfast on an old fire truck they actually drove into the Chateau.  


No comments:

Post a Comment