Monday, January 10, 2011

Christmas Part 2: Gingerbread House

This will for sure become a new sparks family tradition each Christmas.  I originally thought I would to make a the cookies and decorations from scratch, but I think that would have been a disaster.   I bought the cutest kit from Walmart and I was really impressed with it.  Now, I don't know why I would ever fuss with making it on my own (even though I am usually that person that tries).  

Braden loved this but really just wanted to eat candy the whole time.  It is hard to explain to a 2 year old, that m&ms are for decorations.  

Ok, here is mom battling herself because the kids want to help decorate and I have to die to the fact that I want to make the house look perfect.   Ooops

Making progress

Our institute adopted student and great friend Liz, joined us for the evening. 

The finished product.  Pretty cute! 

This was not for the gingerbread house, but just a fun little moment.  I made peppermint hot chocolate and needing help breaking up all the peppermints, so Braden grabbed his Handy Manny hammer, and Ella got the other one from his tool box and they went at it.  I think we end up with more on the floor than in the pan and the plastic hammers were not quite strong enough to do much of anything, but it was fun to just let them bang all they wanted to!  

1 comment: