Monday, May 10, 2010

Cameron and Melissa's Wedding

This past weekend we traveled to Chattanooga, TN for Collin's brother's wedding. What an incredible wedding! Everything was beautiful down to the last detail. It was so fun to be together with family and celebrate Cameron and Melissa's love for each other. I didn't get many pictures of the wedding, but their photographer's blog has a small preview. http://contemporaryportraits.blogspot.com/
Thank you to the Sparks for an incredible rehearsal dinner, to the Fain's for a beautiful weekend, and to my parents for making the drive and helping us with the kids!

As much as I loved getting to see them happily enter into wedding bliss, I have to say a highlight for me was getting to see my precious daughter as a flower girl. Ella has been looking forward to getting to do this for weeks. Every night she would ask me if she could put on her dress, and she proudly announced to anyone that would listen that she got be go to a wedding and wear her white dress with a green sash. This is her second time to be a flower girl and I really think she thinks the weddings are more about her than the bride and groom. She feels like a princess, and its the cutest thing ever. With a 3 year old there is always a little bit of an unexpectedness in what they will do, but it seems as if Ella understands the specialness of the event is on her best behavior.


At both weddings I got weepy watching her walk down the aisle in her little white dress, because in my head I flash forward to her wedding someday. Lord, help me soak in these sweet days of her being little because I am sure that day will seem like it will come too fast!

There is also no doubt that Ella is a dancing queen! The moment we walked into the reception, she hit the dance floor and never wanted to leave. She is the girl in the middle of the dance floor with everyone making a circle around her, and she loves it. She would hardly stop dancing even to eat cake! In fact she didn't stop dancing until about 11:00. Then, she sat in my lap for 30 seconds, and was out the moment she sat still.
I was so proud of how great she did and how sweet she was the whole night even when she was tired.

She gets to be a flower girl for two more weddings this summer, and she is already so excited!

1 comment: